With the “Smart Charging” research project we are developing solutions for the optimal use of regional energy by integrating it into the charging process of e-cars. Taking into account the energy available at the moment, the production of the in-house PV system as well as existing storage options, the project also aims to counteract load peaks.
Support us in shaping the energy future, download the ASCR Smart Charging App for Android and IOS on your smartphone and enjoy free charging at the nine participating charging points in the Seehub.
Do you want to charge your car conveniently at over 3500 charging points in Vienna and the surrounding area independently of this project? Then get your access to the largest e-charging network in Austria now.
An e-car is only as clean as the electricity used to charge it
In order for e-mobility to be provided in the most climate-friendly way possible, a high proportion of renewable energy is required in the supply network. However, this increasing share does not only bring advantages. The naturally fluctuating production of electricity from renewable sources puts a strain on the supply network and can become problematic.
E-cars can absorb these production peaks as flexible storage options by increasingly charging when there is an oversupply of renewable energy.
With the “Smart Charging” research project, we are developing technical solutions that make this possible. With the help of an intelligent control system, the local charging infrastructure decides how much energy is used to charge the vehicle. Additionally, the control system communicates with the supply network (smart grid) and can thus ensure optimal use of the available energy. In addition, the charging stations are connected to a PV system and a stationary battery storage system. The locally produced energy can further increase the share of renewable energy for charging.
Charging at these charging stations is safe for your vehicle. The charging power can be limited for a certain time during research operation, but this limitation does not pose a problem for the charging electronics of the vehicles. If you still have problems with the charging process, you can contact our service team at any time on 0800 510 820.
How to use the App:
- Download the ASCR Smart Charging app on your smartphone and start your registration under “Account”.
- Enter your name, e-mail and a six-digit number (e.g.: date of birth DDMMYY) in the “Vat” field.
- In the following steps, enter your phone number and a password. You will shortly receive a confirmation email of successful registration.
Download for free:
- Open the menu by clicking on the three bars in the upper left corner of the window.
- Select “Contracts” and then “Link agreement”.
- Enter “FREE” in both the “Contract type” and “Contract code” fields.
- An authorization code will be emailed to you.
- Enter the code in the app and enjoy free charging at these nine parking lots.